6502.org Forum  Projects  Code  Documents  Tools  Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Age = Illness
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:14 pm 

I wanted to mention I hadn't been participating much lately due to protracted illness (including 10 days in the hospital and another month in rehab--Medicare is going want to shoot me!). I'm still not fully functional but should be able to contribute. The doctor told me to do light tasks. 6502 MPUs are pretty light, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 pm 

youch :( Got my medical fun with 2 cancers am working on. During my chemo time, will be banging away at light projects such as the pinball mind, working on slot machines and a pinball machine and a wonderful little educational trainer. Gotta keep the brain functional, and it will beat watching TV!

Good luck, man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:25 am 

Glad to have you back BDD! I was wondering what happened to you. You always were a sort of a vocal kind of chap. :wink: Which is good IMO.

Sorry to hear of your guys' maladies. Age brings wisdom and health concerns I guess... Where is that balance of excercising the mind and the body?

I'm 42 and just had a physical after 11+yrs of not seeing a doctor. All I have is high blood pressure which I guess I should be very thankful to my Maker. Which I am!

Post subject: Age = Illness
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:48 am 

Nightmaretony wrote:
youch :( Got my medical fun with 2 cancers am working on.

Someone else had briefly mentioned your maladies. I'm really sorry to hear this, although your likelihood of working through it is better now than it ever has been. The hematologist/oncologist who has been treating me ever since I developed my ITP problem (five years of survival and counting!) says he has seen a statistically significant improvement in the survival rate of his cancer patients over the last 10 years. He says quite a bit of it can be credited to better treatments that are also less destructive to healthy tissue. Let's hope that works in your favor as well!

ElEctric_EyE wrote:
Glad to have you back BDD! I was wondering what happened to you. You always were a sort of a vocal kind of chap. :wink: Which is good IMO.

That's what you get when you cross an Irishman with a computer: a "vocal" chap. :lol: Back before the digital age, "vocal" was what resulted from crossing an Irishman with some Jameson. :P

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your guys' maladies. Age brings wisdom and health concerns I guess... Where is that balance of excercising the mind and the body?

Exercising the body apparently can't prevent one from getting ill. However, there is some evidence that keeping the brain active, especially on some of the complicated stuff we monkey with, may forestall aging effects, especially Alzheimer's.

Quote:
I'm 42 and just had a physical after 11+yrs of not seeing a doctor. All I have is high blood pressure which I guess I should be very thankful to my Maker. Which I am!

You should do something about that hypertension before it does something to you. A guy your age with that problem is heading toward a cardiovascular train wreck. I don't mean to pontificate, but I spent a month in a rehab place full of people who didn't watch their blood pressure and are now battling the effects of strokes, etc. Fortunately, hypertension wasn't my problem (my messed-up immune system was mostly to blame).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 pm 

Will be ok, main oncologist appointment today though it was kinda late, IMHO when all is said and done. But yup, will do ok with all is said and done.

Hope you come out ok, BDD

Post subject: Re: Age = Illness
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:58 pm 

BigDumbDinosaur wrote:
I wanted to mention I hadn't been participating much lately due to protracted illness (including 10 days in the hospital and another month in rehab--Medicare is going want to shoot me!). I'm still not fully functional but should be able to contribute. The doctor told me to do light tasks. 6502 MPUs are pretty light, no?

on my last kidney stones episode, i was on a hospital bed with a 6502 disassembler list.
i know that my health problems are not so much important, but i wanna share with you that feeling, some light hearth thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Age = Illness
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:01 pm 

ptorric wrote:
on my last kidney stones episode, i was on a hospital bed with a 6502 disassembler list.
i know that my health problems are not so much important, but i wanna share with you that feeling, some light hearth thoughts.

Kidney stones (more like boulders when they pass) are no fun.

When I was in for surgery 4 years ago, I mapped out my "80 Column Display Manager" for the C-128 while recovering, going so far as to scribble out some code on a borrowed laptop. Being in the hospital can actually be useful! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:55 am 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:54 pm 

Welcome back BDD. We're none of us getting younger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:30 pm 

ptorric: yours be impo4rtant. But you got it done the right way, working away instead of being mindless on TV.

Can't do the TV thing either. When it comes time for chemo, I will be at my parents house and bringing over a pinball machine I am working on rewiring with me. (not the pinball mind board which I will also be working on as well)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:20 am 

Nightmaretony wrote:
ptorric: yours be impo4rtant. But you got it done the right way, working away instead of being mindless on TV.

Can't do the TV thing either. When it comes time for chemo, I will be at my parents house and bringing over a pinball machine I am working on rewiring with me. (not the pinball mind board which I will also be working on as well)

No point in your mind rotting away as they pump the goodies into you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:27 pm 

Exactly. Same applies to all of us! :)

Actually, got one project for later which I should ask now. Remember the Bally slot machines of the 1970s? Those were the E-1000 series. LOTS of peopel want them repaired. 2 biggest mistakes, 1 in using a battery that leaked acid all over the board. The second was using a 2650 cpu.

Am wanting to design a replacement board using a much better CPu, the 65C02 :). Was wondering if anyone may have a 2650 dissembler or crosser. Basically, rewrite the source over to 65C02....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:23 pm 

We're aging much worse than the 6502 is..

Hope you're doing well Tony, think I mentioned I recently got smacked with a diagnosis of Systemic Lupus (and also Narcolepsy). So my kidneys and other organs are under assault by my own immune system. I'll probably have chemo in my near future, but just a very low dose to knock my immune system down some.

I was making some nice progress on a new simulator, but hard as heck to stay awake and think!

Best health wishes to all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:26 pm 

Oh, and DASMx disassembles the 2650, or so it says..

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pclare/DASMx/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:29 pm 

first biopsy wednesday. And yup, had dissembled using dasmx. Am seperating out the routines since I can catch a subroutine end and got text fields seperated out to a small degree. Once I can get the correct emmory map by figuring ou the address prom data, I will get the roms to the right addresses then boogie from there, but qat least getting there. Will put up the roms tongiht what I got so far and all :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next